Preparing for the online environment
Why it is important
Use of USQConnect and the USQStudyDesk to access online student information and study components
is an integral part of your experience as a USQ student.
For semester 1 2008, the Study Desk has been upgraded to a new system (Moodle) and has a totally new look! If you have used USQStudyDesk previously, you will notice it now has a fresher, cleaner look, is faster and easier to use, and has some exciting new functionality. We are confident that you will really like it!
use the USQStudyDesk you should have:
- a supported browser
- pop-up blocking turned off for the USQStudyDesk server
Some course materials require these specific versions of the following plug-ins:
- Adobe Reader (latest version)
- Adobe Flash Player (latest version)
If you find
you do not have the required plug-ins, you can install them from the free software
provided on 2008 Toolkit CD sent to all students or from the online links provided here.
You also need to know how to:
- navigate within the online areas
- carry out specific tasks such as posting a discussion
- for some students, submit assignments electronically.
Taking time to set up your computer correctly for studying online will potentially save you delays during busier times
Best wishes with your studies at USQ.