About the USQ Women's Network
The USQ Women's Network Inc extends a warm welcome to you.
The Women's Network aims to:
- support equal opportunity initiatives for women in the USQ community
- provide a voice and discussion forum for issues of concern to women
- sponsor public information talks, meetings and workshops on topical and emerging issues such as women's health, financial planning, negotiating the promotion process and superannuation.
and networking opportunities for women
- encourage personal development for women
- promote career development for women.
The Chair of the Women's Network (or nominee) is also a member of the University's Status of Women in Empoyment and Education Committee (PDF* 49kb). We welcome new members and particularly encourage women to become involved in working groups, organisational activities and University committees.
The history of the network shows how women have worked in informal and formal ways to support a culture in the University which values and acknowledges the achievements and contributions of women
An email group exists for members to be kept up to date on matters of interest or relevant activities. The Women's Network also has a meeting room for activities.
*This file is in Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF should contact Melissa Brady, telephone +61 7 4631 1720 to obtain this information in an alternative format.