Due to the bad weather caused by former tropical cyclone Debbie, staff and students at USQ Toowoomba, USQ Springfield and USQ Ipswich are not expected on campus today. Please stay safe and consider all weather warnings. USQ Toowoomba Graduations will proceed as planned tomorrow, however students required to travel for Graduations that are impacted by weather conditions are requested to contact the Graduations Office. Further information is available.
Awarded to USQ
MyUniversity (2013) - MyUniversity ranked USQ as the top university in Queensland for graduates in full-time work.
- The International Student Barometer is a global survey designed to gather information about international students' experiences with 193 universities world-wide and 28 Australian universities participating. In 2013 USQ received the following overall rankings amongst the five participating Queensland Universities with regard to International and Domestic students outcomes combined:
- First in Australia for ‘Learning Overall’
- First in Australia for 'Arrival Overall'
- First in Australia for 'Support Overall'
- Second in Australia for 'Living Overall'
Australian Research Council (Excellence in Research for Australia study 2012) - The Australian Research Council rated research at USQ as world-class in three clusters: agriculture and veterinary sciences, mathematical sciences and physical sciences.
Australian Higher Education Industry Association ‘Voice Project Change Challenge Award’ - USQ achieved the second highest level of positive change among all universities Voice Project surveyed in the period July 2013 to June 2014.
inSync Client Satisfaction bi-annual national survey - inSync survey revealed that USQ was the number one Library in Australia in 2012, 2010 and 2008.
2012 World Education Congress Global Awards - The ‘Woman Super Achiever Award’ was presented to the Vice-Chancellor and President Jan Thomas, from amongst 4000 nominations.
Awarded by USQ
Our prestigious Honorary Awards are presented to recipients in recognition of the significant contribution they make to the University community and to the wider communities both domestically and abroad.