Declaration of Results - Election for USQ Council
An electronic ballot to elect the following representatives to the Ninth USQ Council is now closed:
One student member.
The following nominations were received:
Student Member – Peter Becker, Ryan Cornwell
Following the close of ballots, I hereby declare Peter Becker elected to the Ninth USQ Council.
Mr Becker’s term is for two years from 19 April 2017 to 18 April 2019.
About the USQ Council
The USQ Council, established under the University of Southern Queensland Act 1998, is the governing body of the University, led by the Chancellor as its Chair, and is responsible for the overall governance of USQ. The Council comprises 14 members representing University and community interests.
Membership of the USQ Council consists of:
- ex officio members (the Chancellor, Vice-Chancellor and Chair of Academic Board)
- five Governor in Council appointees
- three elected members
- Two staff members (one academic and one professional)
- One student member
- three additional members appointed by the Council.
As Council members contribute to the development of policy and strategic planning, they are expected to have a knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework within which strategy and policy may be developed and applied.
There are many benefits of being a member of the University Council including:
- Contributing towards the governance of and strategic decision making at USQ
- Making a difference by assisting to improve the quality and delivery of education at USQ
- Acting as a voice to raise significant issues
- Acquiring new skills that will assist in the corporate governance