Our Vice-Chancellor’s Committee is a key advisory committee to the Vice-Chancellor on all matters relating to the management of the University and on the setting of strategic directions and the development of policy.
The Vice-Chancellor’s Committee provides advice to the Vice-Chancellor on the following matters:
- the management of the University
- the relevance, implementation and modification of existing policies and strategies, and on the development of new ones considered desirable
- the development and review of strategic and operational planning through the review of plans, and negotiation of planning outcomes
- institutional performance in all areas of its operation
- the development of the University’s budget methodology and budget allocation
- the academic and infrastructure planning and development of the University
- the assurance of regulatory compliance and ethical accountability for the institution
- reports containing recommendations and advice from its standing committees
- the continued development of University-wide communication and cooperation
- other strategic matters referred to the Committee by members.
Further information on the Vice-Chancellor's Committee roles and functions is available.
The membership of the Vice-Chancellor's Committee includes:
- Vice-Chancellor (Chairperson)
- Senior Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students and Communities)
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic Services) & Chief Information Officer
- Executive Director (Finance and People Capability).
There are a number of management committees established to assist with portfolio responsibilities. These are:
- University Safety Committee
- ICT Strategy Board
- Social Justice Strategy Board
- Education Management Committee
- Research Management Committee
- Markets and Partners Management Committee .
The Vice-Chancellor's Committee meets every two weeks at specific dates and times as outlined in the University Meeting Schedule (PDF 304KB).
For additional information on the Vice-Chancellor's Committee please contact the Committee’s Secretary.