McGregor College is named after a former Toowoomba mayor and influencer in the region's tertiary education development, Dr Alex McGregor. The college was established in 1967 as an initiative of the Darling Downs Association for Advanced Education and now accommodates 200 students in 11 blocks.
The accommodation options offered at the college include:
- 3 single occupancy flats, offering private ensuite bathrooms and separate study room
- 2 accessible units with private ensuite bathroom, washing machine, dryer, reverse cycle air conditioning and accessible car park
- 57 bedrooms, sharing bathroom facilities between two bedrooms and reverse cycle air condition (self catering facilities)
- 76 bedrooms, sharing bathroom facilities between two bedrooms
- 60 bedrooms, offering private ensuite bathrooms and reverse cycle air conditioning
Due to the layout of the buildings, McGregor College has become popular with students who are more independent. With this in mind, McGregor staff provide extensive support for all residents allowing for both academic and personal development.
The 2017 Semester 1 intake was the first with our newly renovated buildings, that now offer 57 rooms with guaranteed access to the USQ wireless network and reverse cycling airconditioning. The rooms are offer modern self-catered facilities, while still having an extensive support network and residential life program available to residents.