USQ Bookcase Early Bird Masterclass Registration Competition Terms & Conditions
1. The USQ Bookcase Early Bird Masterclass Registration Competition (Competition) is conducted by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350, ABN: 40 234 732 081.
2. The Competition commences on 1 June 2017 at 8.00 am (Commencement Date) and concludes at 30 June 2017 at 5.00 pm (End Date) (Competition Period).
3. Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. By purchasing a ticket, You (the Entrant) are automatically entered into the Competition only once and are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions. If the Early Bird purchaser and the attendee of the USQ Bookcase Masterclass are different people, the attendee is deemed to be the Entrant.
5. The Total Prize Pool for the Competition is valued at AUD $468.00 and comprises one (1) 32GB Apple iPad with WiFi. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
6. The Winner of the Competition will be selected on the day after the End Date of the Competition via a random draw from all valid entries by a member of the USQ Alumni Team, at USQ, West Street, Toowoomba Q. 4350.
7. The Winner will be announced on the USQ Alumni Social Media Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/ally.usq). USQ will contact the Winner via their details listed in the booking system to arrange collection of the Prize from the USQ Toowoomba Campus during USQ Bookcase 2016. A further selection may occur for an unclaimed Prize, until it is claimed by a Winner.
8. A Prize shall not be redeemable or transferable for cash. USQ reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another Prize of an equal value or greater value in the event the Prize is not able to be awarded. Any change in the value of the Prize between the commencement and conclusion of the Competition is not the responsibility of USQ.
9. In addition, any terms and conditions (including time limitations) applicable to the Prize and ancillary costs incurred in taking and using the Prize is the responsibility of the Winner and not USQ.
10. Your Personal Information as defined by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) may be collected and used and disclosed by USQ for university and competition purposes and other incidental and associated functions and activities including to contact you with information and updates about USQ programs and events unless USQ is notified otherwise by you hitting the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email communication or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to be removed from the USQ database. By participating in the Competition you consent to USQ using and disclosing any part of your personal information as set out above including transferring your personal information outside of Australia and in the case of the Winner, publishing their name on the USQ website and USQ Alumni Facebook page.
11. USQ does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted, or misdirected Entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
12. USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition including extending End Date of the Competition or varying the time of the draw. USQ also reserves the right to disqualify any individual who USQ has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
13. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of USQ which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or otherwise, USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions under applicable legislation.
14. Neither USQ nor any of its employees, contractors, agents, and suppliers associated with this Competition will be liable for any liability, loss, damage, or expense (including direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits) suffered or incurred (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence arising out of, or in connection of the Competition, including if you are a Winner, your use of the Prize; except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum allowable by law)). This clause survives the conclusion of the Competition.
15. All decisions of USQ in relation to the conduct of the Competition are final, binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The laws of Queensland shall apply to these Terms and Conditions. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed and the remainder construed as if the severed part had never existed.