USQ Bookcase Share This Post Competition
1. The USQ Bookcase “Share USQ Bookcase Post” Competition (Competition) is conducted by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350, ABN: 40 234 732 081.
2. The Competition commences on 17 July 2017 at 2pm (Commencement Date) and concludes on 19 July 2017 at 11:59pm (End Date) (Competition Period).
3. Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. By entering into the Competition, You (or Entrant) are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry is free and open to anyone who has a valid Facebook account.
6. To enter, Entrants must:
a. ‘Join’ the official Alumni Ally social media Facebook event page for
Bookcase 2017 (https://www.facebook.com/events/270696743399429/
b. ‘Tag’ 2 Facebook friends on the official Facebook Competition post
c. ‘Share’ the official Facebook Competition post to the Entrant’s Facebook
These three actions are deemed to be a valid entry into the competition.
7. Each Facebook account is only entitled to make one Entry into this
8. USQ reserves the right to disqualify any Entry in their discretion, which is deemed by the University to be inappropriate, offensive, or discriminatory.
9. The winning entrant will be drawn by random selection based on a list from the Facebook Insight Statistics stating who all has shared the Facebook post to according to the outlined competition criteria (point 6 of this T&Cs), and all the competition T&Cs.
10. The Prize for the Competition is an Apple iPad 32GB WiFi valued at AUD $468. The Prize shall not be redeemable or transferable for cash. USQ reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize with another item or items totally an equal value or greater value in the event the Prize or part thereof cannot be awarded. Any change in the value of the Prize between the commencement and conclusion of the Competition is not the responsibility of USQ.
11. The Potential Winner will be announced on the Competition post on Thursday 20 July by 4pm (AEST). To successfully claim the Prize and be determined by USQ to be a Winner, the Potential Winner will be private messaged on Facebook to confirm email contact details and must respond and collect the prize or make arrangements to collect the prize within five (5) business days of the End Date of the Competition Period. Unclaimed Prize will become null and void.
12. USQ will mail the Prize to the Winner within five (5) business days of receiving the Winner’s details as set out above.
13. In addition, any terms and conditions (including time limitations) applicable to the Prize and ancillary costs incurred in taking and using the Prize is the responsibility of the Potential Winner’s and not USQ’s.
14. Your Personal Information as defined by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) may be collected and used and disclosed by USQ for university and competition purposes and other incidental and associated functions and activities including to contact you with information and updates about USQ programs and events unless USQ is notified otherwise by you clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email communication or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting to be removed from the USQ database. By participating in the Competition you consent to USQ using and disclosing any part of your personal information as set out above including transferring your personal information outside of Australia.
15. USQ does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted, or misdirected Entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
16. USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition including extending End Date of the Competition. USQ also reserves the right to disqualify any individual who USQ has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
17. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of USQ which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or otherwise, USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions under applicable legislation.
18. Neither USQ nor any of its employees, contractors, agents, and suppliers associated with this Competition will be liable for any liability, loss, damage, or expense (including direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits) suffered or incurred (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence arising out of, or in connection of the Competition, including if you are a Potential Winner, your use of the Prize; except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum allowable by law)) and the Entrant indemnifies USQ for any loss or damage suffered from any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions including breach of any third parties intellectual property rights and any warranty being false or incorrect. This clause survives the conclusion of the Competition.
19. All decisions of USQ in relation to the conduct of the Competition are final, binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. The laws of Queensland shall apply to these Terms and Conditions. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed and the remainder construed as if the severed part had never existed.