|Semester 2, 2022 Toowoomba On-campus|
|Faculty or Section :||Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences|
|School or Department :||School of Mathematics, Physics & Computing|
|Student contribution band :||Band 2|
|Grading basis :||Graded|
|Version produced :||27 June 2022|
Examiner: Xiaohui Tao
An in-depth project and dissertation on a specialised research topic are necessary to prepare graduates for further research, applications and responsible jobs in Computer Science, Applied Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Science, or Counselling. This course, in conjunction with MSC8001, enables students to develop and use research capability and an advanced level of Computer Science, Data Science, Counselling, Mathematics, Statistics or Science skills.
This course forms the final part of the research component of the Masters programs in the health, Engineering and Science Faculty. From the foundation established in MSC8001, students will complete a selected project in Computer Science, Counselling, Applied Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Science with the supervision of appropriate staff from the Faculty. The project will consist of reviewing, researching into and reporting of a specific area in the student's specialisation and exploring possible applications of knowledge and skills from that area.
Course learning outcomes
On successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- keep abreast of developments in Computer Science, Counselling, Applied Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Science;
- execute and refine a selected research investigation adopting adequate research methodology and informed by research ethics;
- develop higher level Computer Science, Applied Data Science, Counselling, Mathematics, Statistics or Science skills which include the analysis, synthesis and evaluation of factors involved in the investigation of the research topic;
- complete an extensive research based investigation and to evaluate the results;
- effectively document and communicate the results of the investigation and the methods used in the form of an oral presentation and a dissertation.
|1.||To be determined by the student in consultation with his/her supervisor||100.00|
Text and materials required to be purchased or accessed
|Weighting (%)||Course learning outcomes|
|Presentation (ind, grp, mltmd) 1||No||10||1,2,3,5|
|Presentation (ind, grp, mltmd) 2||No||10||1,2,3,4,5|