ENG3300 Industry Experience Evaluation Portfolio
|Short Description:||Industry Experience Eval Port|
|Faculty or Section :||Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences|
|School or Department :||Faculty of Health, Engineering and Sciences|
|Student contribution band :||Band 2|
|ASCED code :||039999 - EnginTech not classified|
|Grading basis :||Graded|
|Version produced :||26 April 2019|
Pre-requisite: Students must be enrolled in the BENS engineering practice sub-plan pathway.
For a Bachelor or Engineering Science (BENS) student to enter the engineering practice sub-plan pathway requires a minimum 5 years of wide-ranging relevant industrial experiences as an Engineers Australia (EA) registered Engineering Associate, or equivalent.
The focus of this gateway course ENG3300 is development of the student's professional engineering perspective and formation in professional engineering practice by a number of assignments to:
- Demonstrate professional competencies benchmarked to the EA stage 1 technologist, based on appropriate experiences.
- Develop and demonstrate the written communication skills that confirm the level of experience through the reflective writing of Career Episode Reports.
- Develop their BENS professional practice pathway plan to graduation.
- Develop and map their WIL report outlines to nominated BENS technical courses they wish to demonstrate their competency in. The demonstration of competency occurs in ENG3311 Technologist Work-Integrated Learning Project A and ENG3312 Technologist Work-Integrated Learning Project B if students continue in the engineering practice sub-plan pathway.
- Categorise and benchmark their industrial technologist experience to the broader discipline EA Stage 1 professional graduate engineer competency elements and attributes.