From 2022, USQ Master of Learning and Teaching students will have the opportunity to apply for a Queensland Department of Education Turn to Teaching scholarship that will provide financial support in their first year, a 0.5 FTE paid teaching position in a Queensland State School in their second year, and a permanent, full-time teaching position in a Queensland school upon graduation.
If you are looking for a career change and have decided to become a teacher the Turn to Teaching Internship Program will provide you with:
- financial support while you study
- a paid internship teaching position with support in the classroom while you gain professional experience
- a permanent teaching position in a Queensland state school following completion of your studies.
To be eligible for the Turn to Teaching Internship Program, you must:
- be eligible for enrolment into one of the following postgraduate ITE courses:
- be willing to undertake an internship at any state (primary or secondary) school located in Queensland
- demonstrate commitment to teach in a Queensland state school in a priority subject area including Sciences, Design and Technologies (including Engineering), Mathematics, Languages or Special Education and/or priority regions (possible rural or remote placements) for 2 to 3 years. Further information here.
- be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency status in Australia.
More information and how to apply
Applications for the 2022 Turn to Teaching Internship Program are now open until 31 October 2021.
If you require more information, contact the Turn to Teaching team by email TurntoTeaching@qed.qld.gov.au.