Due to COVID-19, end of semester paper exams have been replaced with alternate forms of assessment in each of your relevant courses for 2021.
Details of your alternate assessment for this semester can be found in your Alternate Assessment Schedule in your Student Centre, which will be made available to students 6 weeks prior to the alternate assessment period.
These alternate forms of assessment do not require your physical attendance at a campus or examination centre.
Preparing for your alternate assessment
You are responsible for ensuring you complete your assessment under appropriate conditions. Consider the following when preparing your space:
- Ensure you have a reliable device (laptop or computer) and internet connection
- Ensure you have all the required hardware to complete your exam (eg printer, scanner)
- Test all devices and equipment prior to your exam
- Avoid using someone else's computer. If you must, try to set up your own account on the device to protect your work. You can also use computers on USQ campuses where you are able to login to your own account.
- Have all the items you require to complete your exam ready (e.g. calculator, translation dictionary etc.).
- Test comfort levels before you start (e.g. lighting, temperature, seating).
- Find a private space and remove distractions (e.g. turn off your mobile phone and television).
- Prepare for the assessment just like you would for an exam - the Library have resources on exam preparation and don't forget we have a range of support services to support your wellbeing as well.
For more information, read our frequently asked questions (FAQs) below for general information and technical support.
Support for you
Once you start your assessment item, you can contact us to query the content, get technical support or ask any other assessment-related questions.