***Please note that the expedited review process (negligible and low-risk applications) will be suspended during the following period from 9 December 2019 until 13 January 2020***
New human research application
Please complete your new human research ethics application in Research Information Management System (RIMS). Once logged in, ensure you select 'NO' at Question 1.1.
- Do I need Human Research Ethics approval? (PDF 299KB)
- RIMS HRE Application (for USQ Students) User Guide (PDF 265KB)
- RIMS HRE Application (for USQ Staff) User Guide (PDF 257KB)
- RIMS HRE Head of Unit Endorsement User Guide (PDF 442KB)
- Comments to support HRE application development (PDF 549KB)
- Contact Ethics Coordinator
Note: For human research that involves genetic testing, analysis testing, analysis of genetic material or using clinical trials, contact the Ethics Coordinator.
Amendment to existing human research ethics approval
An extension of time amendment cannot be applied to projects that were approved prior to 2017. This is due to the changes made to the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research, 2007 (updated 2018) and the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018.
If your project was approved before 2017, a new application is required to continue the research project beyond the expiry date.
Previously approved human research ethics
Please submit in RIMS. Once logged in, ensure you select 'YES' at question 1.1.
Monitoring of approved research projects
How complete and submit a HRE Milestone Report:
- Log into RIMS (using USQ creditials)
- Select "Research Ethics Applications" (menu of the right)
- Click "Create Application" button | Select form "HRE Milestone"
- Find the HRE project that requires a report | Select "Create New"
- Complete the report | "Accept" the declaration | Save
- Select Action Tab and Submit report
If you are unable to access RIMS or have any questions, please contact the Ethics Office for assistance.