Any changes to approved research projects require approval from the USQ HREC before being implemented.
How complete and submit a HRE Amendment:
- Log into RIMS (using USQ creditials)
- Select "Research Ethics Applications" (menu of the right)
- Click "Create Application" button | Select form "HRE Amendment"
- Find the HRE project that requires an amendment| Select "Create New"
- Select the "Edit" button | Complete the amendment | "Accept" the declaration
- For staff: Select Action Tab and Submit amendment
For students: Select Action Tab "Prepare for supervisor endorsement" | Click Review Tab "Nominate principal supervisor" | Action Tab "Submit to Principal supervisor"
Once supervisor has endorsed the application select Action Tab and Submit Amendment to Ethics Office
Note: An extension of time amendment cannot be applied to projects that were approved prior to 2017. This is due to the changes made to the National Statement on Ethical Conduct in Human Research, 2007 (updated 2018) and the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research, 2018.
If your project was approved before 2017, a new application is required to continue the research project beyond the expiry date.