The New Colombo Plan Scholarship program provides opportunities for Australian undergraduates, aged 18 to 28 to undertake semester-based study in participating Indo-Pacific locations. These scholarships are awarded once per year and students compete against multiple interested participants from other Australian universities.
The New Colombo Plan Scholarship consists of:
- a travel allowance of up to AUD2500
- an establishment allowance of up to AUD2500
- a monthly stipend (for study and internship/mentorship) of up to AUD2500 per month
- health and travel insurance for the duration of the program.
Other benefits may include:
- Payment of up to one academic year of tuition fees payable to the host institution (if required) to the value of AUD20 000
- An Asian language training allowance payable to the language institution (if applicable) to the value of AUD1500.
- be an Australian Citizen
- have achieved a minimum 6.0 GPA for your undergraduate course to date
- be between 18 and 28 years old (inclusive) as at 1 January
- be enrolled at USQ in a bachelor degree or bachelor honours degree
- have completed at least one year (eight courses) at commencement of the scholarship
- be eligible to study for one or two semesters at an Indo-Pacific university and receive credit towards your degree
- provide evidence of demonstrated leadership in the community.
All funding is subject to eligibility and availability.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria and wish to receive further information, please express your interest in the scholarship by submitting the 2023 NCP Scholarship EOI form by no later than Tuesday 31 May, 2022.