Health and Wellbeing (3 projects)
Orientation (2 projects)
Student Enrichment and Leadership (7 projects)
University isn’t just about studying! Student Amenities Fee funding supports a variety of student enrichment and leadership initiatives available to all USQ students.
- Student Life – Toowoomba, Springfield and Ipswich
- USQ Leadership
- USQ Sport
- Student representative committee - Toowoomba and Online, Springfield and Ipswich
- Makerspace Project Kits
Student and learning support (5 projects)
Student Amenities Fee supported projects that are focused on providing additional student and learning support for all USQ students include:
- Student printing and postage subsidy
- Student peer support - Meet-Up
- Free library return postage bags
- Development and implementation of a pilot project to communicate and engage with currently enrolled students perceived to assist, support and prevent late enrolments, non-submission of first assignments, proactive retention, and reducing Conditional Academic Standing.
- USQ Student Guild Advocacy Service
Career development (4 projects)
- USQ eMentoring Program
- USQ Ignition Project
- Student Employability Resources
Online engagement (3 projects)
Online engagement with our students occurs through these various online channels supported by Student Amenities Fee.
- HeyU: USQ’s digital, interactive student magazine
- USQ Social Hub
- Beyond the Books Online Series
- Headstrong Online Program
- Online Student Engagement and Experience communications are an essential component of the student experience at USQ. Currently enrolled students now receive one monthly outbound based on their study mode, which outlines the different events, opportunities and key dates they need to know, as part of their student learning journey. The goal is to reduce email clutter in our student’s inbox and provide timely, relevant and important information to students to improve student retention and engagement along the student learning journey.
- Student Support and Retention Digital Intern Program assists with the development and implementation of digital resources to support students as they navigate throughout their student learning journey. Digital resources include the instructional ‘How to Enrol’ video series.