The Careers & Employability Team offer one-on-one career planning sessions. We can help you to understand how your values, attributes and life experiences contribute to your career goals.
Within our sessions, we can help you to:
- develop career management skills
- set goals and strategies to help you with your career decisions
- make sound career decisions and set directions
- discover resources to support career decisions and actions
- plan for employment after graduation.
Types of Appointments
Appointments are held during and outside office hours and are available:
- In person: located on our Toowoomba, Ipswich or Springfield campuses.
- Phone: One of our practitioners will contact you on the number provided at your booking.
- Zoom: Video chat appointment using Zoom technology, USQ’s video conferencing software. You will receive a link to access the session at the time of your appointment. *Please note, these appointments are ‘Skype’ appointments on our booking system.
Appointments are also available via the following methods, please contact us to book these appointments and you’ll receive detailed instructions:
- Live Chat: Using USQ’s video conferencing software, Zoom but without the video and audio, you’ll chat with the Careers & Employability team using the text chat function.
- Email Career Counselling: Receive careers advice and guidance through email communications.
Booking your appointment
Before booking your first appointment, you will be required to complete a Client Details Form. Once this is complete, you will gain access to the online appointment booking system. Alternatively, you can contact us on 07 4631 2372 or Student.Success@usq.edu.au to book your appointment.
Your initial appointment will be for 20 minutes. If a follow up appointment is required, an hour session will be made available