Replacing your testamur (degree)
A replacement testamur is usually requested for the following reasons:
- a My eQuals digital testamur is required/preferred
- a different name should appear on the document as a result of marriage, divorce, or change of name
- the original document is damaged or lost
- the graduate would prefer that a DDIAE/UCSQ testamur be re-issued by USQ
From Results Release S2 2017 (17 November 2017), USQ graduates will receive their digital graduation documents via My eQuals, a secure digital platform used by Australian and New Zealand universities. This option is also available to former graduates for a small fee and may appeal as an alternative to a replacement print testamur. More information about My eQuals and whether this option is available or suitable for you.
|Graduation document||2017 Digital document||2017 Print document|
|Testamur||$50.00||$75 + freight|
Requesting a My eQuals digital testamur only
- It is important that your Umail address is up to date before you submit a request. You will need your Student Number If you have forgotten or are not sure, please contact us on 1800 007 252 or email email@example.com
- Complete the Replacement Testamur Request form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make payment (AUD50)
- If you purchase a digital testamur, it will be uploaded and accessed from the My eQuals portal. An email will be sent to your USQ student email address advising you that the document has been issued and provide you with instructions on how to register or log on to My eQuals depending on whether you are a first-time or returning user
Making a testamur name change
You must request a name change on your University enrolment records if a different name needs to appear on the testamur:
- Complete the Change of Name & Personal Details form and the Replacement Testamur Request form. All names on a testamur will appear in English and titles are not recorded ie Dr, Mr etc
- Collate suitable certified supporting documentation. Please note: if certified documentary evidence is not supplied, a name change request will be refused/not processed
- Make payment (AUD75) + postage (AUD$12 within Australia / AUD$25 courier overseas)
- Mail the completed forms, supporting documentation and original testamur to:
USQ Graduations Office
University of Southern Queensland
Toowoomba Qld 4350
Replacing a damaged testamur
If you've damaged your testamur or require your DDIAE/UCSQ testamur to be re-issued by USQ:
- Complete the Replacement Testamur Request form
- Forward the completed form along with the damaged or original testamur together with payment (AUD$75) + postage (AUD$12 within Australia / AUD$25 overseas courier) to the USQ Graduations Office address above.
Replacing a lost testamur
If you've lost your testamur and wish to request a replacement testamur:
- Complete the Replacement Testamur Request form
- Complete a Statutory Declaration witnessed by a Justice of the Peace stating you have lost your original testamur, the details of this loos, and state you are subsequently requesting a replacement
- Forward the two documents with payment (AUD$75) + postage (AUD$12 within Australia / AUD$25 overseas courier) to the USQ Graduations Office address above.
How to make payment
- Credit Card - phone USQ Finance on +61 7 4631 2583 or email email@example.com with your details explaining that your payment is for a replacement testamur (Graduations Office)
- Cheque or money order - made payable to USQ and posted/couriered to USQFinance, USQ, West Street Toowoomba AUSTRALIA 4350. Ensure your name & student ID number are written on the back, and note that your payment is for a replacement testamur (Graduations Office)
- In person – visit USQ Finance, J Block, USQ Toowoomba Campus (8.15am - 4.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays) and explain your payment is for a replacement testamur (Graduations Office)
Authentication of Print Testamurs
Before some international government departments accept Australian graduation documents they require proof that the signatures of Australian officials are genuine. You can find more information on legalising your documents on the Queensland Government Smart Traveller website.
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) can provide an authentication or apostille of an official University of Southern Queensland graduation document.
Before DFAT will process a request for an authentication or apostille they require Authentication (in the form of a stamp & signature) on any/all of the (3) original print graduation documents produced by the USQ Graduations Office.
- testamur (degree)
- Official Academic Transcript
- Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement (AHEGS)
USQ Graduations Office staff authenticate only original documents (no copies). You will need to complete the Authentication of USQ Graduation Documents Request form.
Once the Authentication process is completed, the Graduations Office will send the Authenticated documents to the delivery address you nominate. Should you nominate a DFAT Office address as the delivery address, staff will send authenticated documents directly to DFAT on your behalf – however, you will need to contact / advise DFAT of this. If the delivery address is within Australia, your documents will be mailed via Australia Post – Registered Post. If the delivery address is international, they will be sent via TNT Courier. USQ does not take responsibility for their arrival. Delivery fees vary accordingly.
Authenticated documents can be collected in person during business hours (8.30am-5.00pm Monday-Friday excluding public holidays) from the Graduations Office (B117) USQ Toowoomba. Contact the Graduations Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 7 4631 1741 or +61 7 4631 1647.
*This file is in Portable Document Format (PDF) which requires the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. A free copy of Acrobat Reader may be obtained from Adobe. Users who are unable to access information in PDF should contact USQ Graduations, telephone +61 7 4631 1741 to obtain this information in an alternative format.