You've told us you want a seamless online experience. So, we've listened.
We've made a number of exciting changes, to help you navigate your studies.
USQ Library has replaced its major systems, which will streamline your Library experience. The new Library experience will make it easier to access and request the thousands of resources available, so you have more time to spend on what’s important.
What has changed?
- Automatic renewals of loans, unless requested (up to 5 renewals)
- No overdue loan fines
- Fairer approach to making sure high-demand books are available
- Extended loan periods
- Simplified process for requesting items
- Online students can easily request scans of chapters and articles
- And a fresh new look for Library Search and MyLibrary!
- Use Library Search
- Locate course texts
- Use MyLibrary
- Save into My Favourites
- Refine a search with filters
- Find a database
- Search for a journal
- Search for the fulltext of a journal article
- Search for curriculum items
- Export Library search results
- Request loans or scans
- Request interlibrary loans
The newly refurbished Springfield Library space is now open. The new Library space includes:
- A new entry/exit with a 'wall of windows' to let in natural light, as well as outside study spaces connected to the Library
- 24/7 access to the Library study spaces and computers, with comfortable furniture for study and relaxation
- A kitchen with facilities for students to prepare food and drinks 24/7
- Technology-enabled 'study pods', group study rooms, and printing facilities
- Consultation spaces for face-to-face and video chat consultations with librarians and learning advisors
Please note the space is not yet open 24/7, however:
- A 24 hour computer lab is available in A611
- Access to the Library is via the side door (the previous main entrance)
- The external chute is still available outside building B.
UConnect is your student portal where you can access email, study materials and stay informed of the latest announcements and events.
In the top right hand corner of the site, you can access your UMail and UDrive. While the main area of the page will give you direct access to your Student Centre and StudyDesk courses.
Some key features include:
- personalised messages about your fees
- upcoming assessment key dates
- trending FAQs
- create your own To Do lists
- events and activities happening on a campus near you
- reminders about important dates
- library notifications; and more.
Current Students website
We’ve given the Current Students website a fresh new look! You can now check out it’s enhanced, easier to use design. Some features include:
- navigational bar for quick access to links you use regularly
- option to filter content topics so you can quickly find what you’re looking for
- an interactive New to USQ checklist to ensure you don’t miss anything important
- restructure of information to allow ease of navigation and faster access to information
- trending FAQs.
We've recently revealed your new-look StudyDesk. Some of the new changes you'll notice include:
A new dashboard
- your new dashboard is displayed when you first log into StudyDesk, displaying your course progress and activity timelines so you can easily track what assignments and activities are coming up for each course, and when they're due.
- view these sorted by date or course
A new theme
- items in the top bar have moved to the right, and the colours have been refreshed
- you can now easily manage forum post tracking, subscription, and how you receive notifications, all from the one place
- check your settings or make changes by clicking on ‘Forums’ in the navigation menu (on the left of your course)