Give yourself the edge against the competition with USQ's Phoenix Award.
The Phoenix Award can contribute to increasing your employability and graduate skills. The Award is an easy to use system that tracks the extra and co-curricular activities you complete while you study. Upon completion of the Award, you will receive a personalised certificate demonstrating to employers the wide range of skills you’ve developed during your time at USQ.
The Award encourages you to step outside of your comfort zone, meet new people, discover opportunities, build your skillset and expand your knowledge.
How the award works
- Register for the Phoenix Award
- Find and participate in activities that develop or demonstrate your graduate skills
- Complete a declaration for each activity
- Receive points per activity ranging from 2 to 300
- Reach a minimum of 1000 points (250 in each category)
- Continue with further activities or finalise award
- Receive formal recognition for activities completed
The Phoenix Award online portal is available 24/7 for you to submit activities, see upcoming activities, and check your points.
- Extra-curricular achievements – awards and qualifications in addition to your current USQ program.
- Professional development – attendance and involvement in activities which develop or enhance your professional skills, study outcomes and career outcomes.
- Contribution to the community – service based activities which provide benefit to the University and or wider communities.