Participants of the USQ Phoenix Award progress through the Award by completing the following steps:
- Completion of eligible activities
- Preparation and submission of declarations for each activity
- Reaching of Award requirements
- Further activity submissions (optional)
- Submit completion
An activity is generally considered eligible for the Award if the following criteria are met:
- The activity fits one of the activity categories.
- The activity is completed while the participant is actively enrolled at USQ.
- The activity is not a direct requisite of the participant's coursework.
- The participant can establish and justify (through written reflection) how the activity has developed and or demonstrated their Graduate Skills (see Graduate Skills section).
- The participant can provide sufficient evidence to confirm participation and level of involvement in the activity.
Participants are encouraged to shape their Award by considering what activities, skills and attributes will be most impactful towards their desired career path. One-on-one appointments with USQ Careers and Employability are available to assist students in this process.
As each participant’s interests and projected journey are unique, there is no set activity list. However, participants can see a list of commonly submitted activities through the USQ Phoenix Award Online Portal’s Activity Declaration Form.
- Professional development - Activities which develop or enhance your professional skills and career outcomes
- Contribution to the community - Service-based activities which provide benefit to the University or wider communities
- Extra-curricular achievement - Completion of accredited training including programs, modules, certificates and qualifications