Commonwealth Assistance Form
Students who are enrolled in commonwealth supported places, or those who are eligible to obtain commonwealth assistance must submit a Commonwealth Assistance Form (CAF).
Failure to submit a Commonwealth Assistance Form by the census date, will result in cancellation of your semester enrolment.
Who should submit a form
- All undergraduate and postgraduate students in Commonwealth supported places whether they are commencing or transferring to a new program.
- All Commonwealth supported students whether they intend to pay upfront, or defer their student contribution.
- All students who are not Commonwealth supported and therefore pay tuition/direct fees who wish to obtain a FEE-HELP loan.
Submitting your form
Commonwealth Assistance Forms may be submitted when you enrol online via UConnect > Student Centre > Finances > C'Wealth Assistance Forms.
If you have issues with the Commonwealth Assistance form you can contact the: Fees and Enrolments office.
- Commonwealth supported students who are required to submit a Commonwealth Assistance Form prior to the census date and fail to do so, will be cancelled from their semester’s enrolment.
- Commonwealth supported students who fail to submit a Commonwealth Assistance Form when required to do so run the risk of having the payment due date pass without being invoiced and consequently having their enrolment cancelled for non-payment. In accordance with Commonwealth Government legislation, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that the form is submitted and that relevant fees are fully paid by the date required.
- Cancelled enrolments may not be reinstated after the census date for the semester.
Further information about about applying for a HELP loan is available from the Study Assist website.