Skip to main content


SA-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan made available to eligible students to help pay all or part of their Student Services and Amenities fee for the relevant year.

Who is eligible for SA-HELP?

You are eligible for a SA-HELP loan if you are:

  • an Australian citizen enrolled in an award program
  • hold a permanent humanitarian visa enrolled in an award program.

From 1st January 2016 New Zealand citizens who hold a Special Category Visa and are resident in Australia may be eligible for SA-Help if they meet certain eligibility criteria. Information on eligibility is available on the Study Assist website.

Please note that cross-institutional students studying with USQ are not eligible to defer their SA Fee.

Applying for a loan

If you wish to apply for a SA-HELP loan, you are required to complete a Request for SA-HELP Assistance Form, including your tax file number, prior to the census date of the semester you wish to start studying.

Further information

Further information about SA-HELP is available from the Study Assist website.