Skip to main content

Changing payment options

Commonwealth Supported students

How do I change from a deferred payment to ‘upfront’ student contribution?

Payment options may be changed up to and including the census date for the current semester.

If you have chosen the deferred payment option on your Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form, you can change that option to ‘upfront’ by emailing the Fees and Enrolment Office - An invoice will be made available in the Finances section of your Student Centre for you to arrange payment.

You are required to make your payment by the payment date shown, however, if you have not made your payment by the census date, your student contribution will automatically be deferred to a HECS-HELP loan. Universities are not allowed to accept student contribution payments after the census date. This applies to ‘eligible to defer’ students only.

Domestic full fee paying students

How do I arrange to obtain a FEE-HELP loan for my tuition fees?

If you are eligible you can apply for FEE-HELP at UConnect > Student Centre > Finances > Commonwealth Assistance Form. You will be required to input your tax file number at the time of completing your form.

FEE-HELP is not transferable between programs. If you are accepted into a new program, and wish to defer your tuition, you are required to submit a new request.

How do I withdraw my request for FEE-HELP and pay upfront for my tuition fees?

If you intend to make a full or partial upfront payment the payment needs to be made by the payment date. Before this date, you will need to contact the University in writing so that the FEE-HELP facility can be disabled, and an invoice made available to you at UConnect > Student Centre > Finances.

Fax: + 61 7 4631 2949

Fees and Enrolments Office
Student Support and Retention
University of Southern Queensland