PUBLIC NOTICE: COVID-19
We also kindly ask that if you are exhibiting flu like symptoms that you contact our service before attending to your appointment.
USQ Health Service wishes to advise that we maintain the upmost confidentiality of your medical records. Your medical record can only be accessed and viewed by a very limited few staff members. They cannot be viewed by or shared with any other staff member or stakeholder of USQ without the full informed consent of the patient first.
There will be rare exceptions such as the patient being in immediate danger and even then, only the relevant information will be shared. If your records are subpoenaed by a court or requested by a solicitor for a claim or another type of court proceeding, then The Privacy Officer will manage the application to access this information under the Right to Information (‘RTI’), Administrative Access, and Information Privacy (‘IP’).
The USQ Health Service at Toowoomba is open Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm in G Block.
Appointments are available Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 4.15pm.
If you do not attend your appointment, a $20 fee will apply.
- Drugs of dependence including Opioid painkillers and Benzodiazepines will not be prescribed at your first appointment. Please see attachments for policy information regarding drugs of dependence at our practice - Continuation of opioid Management plans for new patients, One year review of opioid prescribing and Opioid prescribing protocol for patients.
- If you are unsure of the type of appointment or support you need, please call our team on (07) 4631 2372 so that we can discuss the best options for you.
- Mental health care plans and chronic disease care plans cannot be performed at your first appointment with our service.
- Commercial Driver’s license medicals can be performed but is not Medicare rebatable so a fee will apply. Please call our team to discuss further.
- Medicare requirements for phone consultations have changed since July 1, 2021. Some services are no longer available by phone appointment. Please call our team to discuss your options.
- Minor Surgery / Procedures
- Diabetic Care
- GP Management and Team Care Plans
- GP Mental Health Plans
- Pre-Employment Medicals*
- Women’s Health
- Driving Medicals*
- Men’s Health
- Skin Checks
- Medical Examinations and Reports
- Sexual Health
Students - Medicare card holders will be bulk billed. International students with OSHC/OVHC will be direct billed to their health fund. Depending on your provider, you may have to pay upfront and claim the fee back from your health fund.
Staff - Consultations with the Nurse Practitioner, Dr Jodi Dennis and Dr Danielle Carter are bulk billed or OSHC/OSVC direct billed. Dr Lawrence Wong may incur a fee for consultation.
Community member and dependants - Consultations with the Nurse Practitioner, Dr Jodi Dennis and Dr Danielle Carter are bulk billed or OSHC/OSVC direct billed. Dr Lawrence Wong may incur a fee for consultation.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have Overseas Health Cover, you will need to bring your card with you to your appointment. Failure to bring your card may result in payment of the full fee at the time of consultation, with you having to claim back separately with your fund.
If you fail to attend a booked appointment, you will likely be charged a non-attendance fee of $20 before you can make any further appointments.
Clinical Psychologist – Dr Therese Landers bulk bills USQ students with a mental health care plan and referral. Staff, dependants and community members have a cost of $175 per consult with a rebate of $129.55 refunded from Medicare.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to attend your psychology appointment without notice or on-the-day cancellations may result in a $50 non-attendance fee being charge to you and possible cancellation of future appointments.
This form is to be completed on your first visit and before attending a medical appointment at our service:
Emergencies and After Hours Care
If you require emergency treatment call 000.
Should you require after hours care:
• House Call Doctor 13 55 66
• Toowoomba Hospital Emergency Department 07 4616 6000 154 Pechey Street Toowoomba
• St Vincent's Hospital Private Emergency Department 07 4690 4444 22-36 Scott Street Toowoomba
- Australian Charter of Patient Rights
- 10 Tips for Safe Health
- Australian Open Disclosure Framework
- Translating and Interpreter Services (TIS)
- National Relay Service (NRS)
- National Code of Conduct for healthcare workers in Queensland