Equity networks and support
The University is supported by the Social Justice Committee, a management committee for the University overseeing issues of equal opportunity and educational equity at the institution. This high-level Committee has six sub-committees reporting to it:
- Student Equity Network
- Status of Women in Employment & Education Committee
- Indigenous Affairs Committee
- Multicultural and Transnational Advisory Committee
- Disability Advisory Committee
- Staff Equity Advisory Committee
Supporting offenders in custody as students at USQ
USQ takes a special interest in the unique learning needs of offenders in custody as students of USQ. We are continually evaluating our teaching and learning initiatives and our capacity to cater for students who may have limited or no internet access and/or computer access.
Education Officers are welcome to make contact with faculties to discuss the possible arrangements for students including the course/program offerings that may be more suitable.
Faculty Student Equity Contact Officers:
- Faculty of Arts: Ms Eleanor Kiernan
- Faculty of Business Undergraduate enquiries: Ms Sue Stapleton
- Postgraduate enquiries: Ms Karen Smith
- Faculty of Education Ms Catherine Arden
- Faculty of Engineering & Surveying: Ms Anne White or Dr David Thorpe
- Faculty of Sciences: Dr Majella Albion
The Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission have released On the record: Guidelines for the prevention of discrimination in employment on the basis of criminal record providing information and practical guidance on how to prevent criminal record discrimination in the workplace.