The Visual Art, School of Arts & Communication is holding an annual art award for Darling Downs / Southeast Queensland High School art students in Years 11 and 12. The annual award and exhibition showcases the diverse, dynamic and emerging professional approaches to art making currently being created by Year 11 and 12 students in the region.
Judged and curated by Kylie Jenkins and Stephen Spurrier (USQ art lecturers and esteemed artists in their own right) the competition aims to encourage students to continue art making post secondary school and consider further study in the field.
This will be the 9th annual year of the exhibition that continues to attract a high calibre of emerging artists creating exciting and innovative art.
How to Enter
- Take a picture of up to three of your works. Please make sure it is a clear and accurate representation of the piece as this will be used to determine if you’re a finalist.
- Fill in the online entry form by clicking the ‘Enter Now’ button above
- Upload your images as well as a 25 word blurb about each of your works by following the prompts in the online entry process.
- Revise your entry and click submit!
- 3 April – Entries close
- 10 April – Finalists notified
- 20-24 April – Delivery of works to USQ Toowoomba
- 27 April – Judging to determine winners
- 28 April – Exhibition opening and announcement of winners