USQ and integratedSTEM (facilitated by current USQ PhD student, Fraser Border) will facilitate STEM specific workshops. These workshop activities will incorporate science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) to primary school Years 4 - 6 delivered at your school campus, utilising the USQ Discovery Experience Trailer.
This will be a half-day workshop (2 x 70min sessions) as follows:
Session 1: Careers in STEM – Your Future!
Delivered by both USQ Student Ambassadors and integratedSTEM:
- 20 min: discussion/presentation on pathways to university
- 20 min: a short presentation by integratedSTEM, pathway in a STEM career, a short hands-on activity
- 20 min: technologies of the future
- 10min: Q & A (for both integratedSTEM and USQ to answer career questions)
Session 2: 3D Printing Technology Workshop!
Delivered by integratedSTEM staff (assisted by USQ Student Ambassadors)
- 70 min: workshop on how to design, using modelling software and 3D printing technology and seek to inspire students to continue with learning and the opportunity to pitch their design at the USQ ChangeMakers Community STEM Expo.
Two one-day USQ ChangeMakers Community STEM expos will be hosted (Toowoomba & Ipswich campuses) that will include: STEM expo stalls, STEM workshop sessions and the ‘Shark Tank’ pitch whereby elected students will pitch a 3D printed gadget to sell to a panel of investors on the day.
Schools who are interested in the delivery of this workshop need to register your expression of interest. Once you have registered your preferred date, a USQ representative will contact you to confirm your booking.