Science and Engineering Challenge
2018 Darling Downs Challenge
The 2018 Darling Downs Science and Engineering Challenge will again be held at the Clive Berghofer Recreation Centre from Tuesday 22 to Friday 25 May 2018.
Purpose of the Challenge
Each day eight schools will compete against each other. At the end of the four days, the team with the most points will receive a trophy and go on to compete at the State Final 'Super Challenge'.
The Darling Downs Science and Engineering Challenge is held at USQ each year. It:
- allows students to engage in a set of fun and competitive activities involving principles of science, engineering and technology
- provides students with a challenge and a selection of materials to complete the set task
- immediately engages students in activities with a minimum of introduction and theory
- allows students to explore scientific principles for themselves rather than being guided to a predetermined answer.
For questions relating to registration or school participation, please contact Erin Byles (Chair, Darling Downs Science & Engineering Challenge):
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful for the generous support from the following organisations in 2017.
Silver and Bronze Supporters
- Toowoomba Regional Council
- Engineers Australia
- Ashburner Francis Consulting Engineers
2017 Queensland State Final
USQ was proud to host the Queensland State Final of the Science and Engineering Challenge at USQ Springfield on Wednesday 6 September 2017.
The top eight Queensland teams competed in this one-day event, with Riverside Christian College progressing to the 2017 National Final to be held in Dubbo on Friday 3 November 2017.
The Queensland State Final was proudly supported by: