Half of all Australians have at least one of the major eight chronic conditions and chronic conditions are the leading cause of illness, disability and death in Australia. Despite this, there is a dearth of research on symptom management for some of these chronic conditions
Our research aims to:
- understand the experiences of people living with Chronic Health Conditions
- identify effective and novel hospital avoidance strategies that enable good self-management
- understand health economics as a driver for change
- assist with the diagnosis and management of people with Chronic Health Conditions.
Areas of inquiryHealth optimisation, hospital avoidance, health economics, symptom experiences, management of persons with acute on chronic conditions, and cardiovascular health.
Core research programs
- Cardiac symptom inventory
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease