43. Hours of work (English Language Teaching employees)
43.1 The ordinary hours of work for a full-time English Language Teaching employee will be under existing University practices and the following will apply:
43.1.1 An English Language Teaching employee will not normally be required to:
- undertake more than eighteen (18) contact hours each week;
- undertake more than five and a half (5.5) contact hours in any one (1) day;
- take evening or weekend classes or formally organised evening or weekend excursions unless by mutual agreement with the Delegate;
- undertake contact hours for more than forty (40) weeks each annum unless by mutual agreement with the Delegate; or
- be involved in more than two (2) student activities (maximum three (3) hours duration each activity each day) in any course period, unless variation to this arrangement is made by mutual agreement.
43.1.2 The ratio of teachers to students in NEAS accredited courses will average one (1) to fifteen (15), with a maximum of eighteen (18) in student visa classes (as per NEAS accreditation requirements).
43.1.3 The ratio of teachers to students in other classes will, as far as possible, follow NEAS accreditation requirements.