Health and Wellbeing
Corporate Health and Wellbeing Program
USQ Health and Wellbeing have identified key health needs and interests of the University and its people and created a tailored health program. The program aims to provide wellbeing opportunities for its people to thrive at work, study and home. The four key elements to the program include: Physical, Emotional, Social and Financial.
- Virtual personal and group fitness training with Works Health and Recreation Club new program, TheWorks@Home.
- Over the phone nutrition/diet and psychological coaching with qualified dieticians
- A selection of stretches to support your physical health during the day.
- Annual staff flu vaccination program for all employees
- Rehabilitation services to support our staff returning to work
- Ergonomic assessments to ensure your furniture and equipment is set up properly to support optimal posture.
- Workplace Adjustments to support you to work at home due to a disability, illness or injury,
- Free, confidential support service to all USQ employees and their immediate families through the University’s Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider, Assure. To arrange a confidential face to face or telephone appointment, or for further information about the program, please contact Assure Programs on 1800 808 374 or book online. SMS counselling is available 24/7 by texting 0439 449 876.
- Mental Health First Aid training and support from our Mental Health First Aid Officers
- Self-paced online modules developed by bedyondblue are available for all staff at any time
- Wellbeing coaching to maximise your personal and professional potential
- A range of flexible work arrangements supports the wellbeing of our employees
- Access phone-based financial coaching from a qualified financial coach on topic such as budgeting and debt management
- On-demand webcasts, videos and over the phone consultations by UniSuper to support your financial wellbeing.
Other support services
- Beyond Blue
- R U OK?
- Head to Health
- Lifeline Australia
- Black Dog Institute
- White Ribbon Australia
- DV Connect
- Salvation Army
Human Resources is continuing to develop a suite of tools and resources to support you. Please check the HR Learning Hub regularly for updates.
A number of articles are also available via USQHub:
- Personal Injury Management and Recovery at Work
- COVID-19 (Working from home, Leave, Looking after yourself etc.)
The USQ Health and Wellbeing Network contributes to the development and implementation of innovative health and wellbeing programs, and promotes and expands on existing supports. Employees and students interested in membership or more information should contact the Health and Wellbeing team.