USQ ICT Governance Structure
In 2011, the University accepted the recommendations of the ICT Services Review Implementation Board and implemented the following ICT Governance Structure: ICT Strategy Board supported by three committees including Information Standards Committee, ICT Services Committee and ICT Portfolio Committee. Each Committee is chaired by a representative of ICT Strategy Board and the resultant minutes of meetings circulated across all groups to facilitate improved understanding of the issues impacting the USQ ICT Portfolio. The principle responsibilities of each of these committees are summarized below as follows:
ICT Strategy Board
- Peak body responsible for defining University ICT Strategy, ensuring alignment with the University strategy, and all ICT activities within USQ.
- Overall responsibility for ICT Governance including the ICT Portfolio, Projects, ICT Investments, Policy, Standards, Enterprise Architecture, Service Catalogue and Service Levels.
ICT Services and Standards Committee
- Responsible for defining and oversight of University ICT Information Policy and Standards, alignment of the Enterprise Architecture to the University Information Strategy, and supporting ICT road maps.
- Information Monitoring and Compliance, Risk Management.
- Responsible for defining and oversight of University ICT supported services, ICT Service Catalogue, service level agreements, and the standard operating environments (SOE)
- Oversee stakeholder satisfaction and identify ICT service-related priorities for recommendation to ICT Strategy Board.
ICT Portfolio Committee
- Responsible for defining and oversight of University ICT investment portfolio and innovation pipeline; ICT project management and program management framework; accreditation and reaccreditation of supported ICT systems and services.
- Develop, monitor and review the framework for categorizing supported ICT systems and services and the level of operational support and maintenance associated with each category;
- Oversee the ICT Project Management Methodology and lifecycle from ICT Portfolio Project Concept and allocation of ICT Investment Portfolio Funding through to Accreditation and Review of the benefits realization achieved from the successful implementation of the completed product, system or service. More information is available.