Your USQ username and password
Changing your password
You will be reminded to change your password every 365 days and you will be sent a reminder to update your password via email. If you wish to change your current password:
- Go to UConnect > Password (in the top right hand corner).
- If you have previously registered for Self Service Password Reset, enter your Staff Username and select ‘Next’. To register, please follow the instructions provided on the page.
- You are required to answer your ‘Challenge Questions’, once completed select ‘Next’.
- Type in your new password into the 'New Password' box.
- Retype your new password into the 'Re-enter the Password' box and select ‘Next’.
- You should get a message advising you that your password has been successfully saved.
- Click continue to return.
Forgotten your password?
If you have setup your Self Service Password Reset challenge questions and answers go to UConnect > Change Password to reset your password. Otherwise contact the ICT Service Desk.
To setup your Self Service Password Reset challenge questions and answers:
- Visit USQ Password Registration
- Enter your USQ Username and Password.
- Click ‘Next’ then enter your USQ Password
- Choose and answer 5 of the 10 questions
- Click ‘Next’ to complete the process
- You will be required to verify the answers if you forget your password.
USQ password guidelines
Passwords must contain characters from at least three of the following 4 categories below:
- Uppercase alphabetic characters (A-Z)
- Lowercase alphabetic characters (a-z)
- Numerals (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters (for example: !, $, #, or %)
- Password must be at least 8 characters long.
- Password must not be one of 10 previous passwords.
USQ recommends passwords chosen should:
- not contain any name of your family member or friends, pets etc.
- not be a common word or name found in a dictionary i.e. it should be hard to guess.
- be significantly different from prior passwords.
- contain at least one symbol character in the second through seventh positions, eg A$c*E9g8.
- never be written down and stored in an obvious place, and never be given to anyone including your lecturers, family or friends. Do not allow other people to use your access unsupervised as you will be held responsible for their actions.
- be unique and used exclusively for USQ system access.
Note: Passwords are case sensitive: if you create a password using upper and lower case, you must remember that each time you type your password.