Overdue, lost and damaged items
Overdue fees will be charged for material returned after the due date/time. Overdue fees accrue at the following rate:
|Item type||Fees (AUD)|
|Course readings collection items||$2 per hour|
|Short-term loans||$1 per day|
|Items that have been requested by another person||$1 per day|
|All other items||50c per day|
When do I have to pay?
|Fee total (AUD)||Do I have to pay anything?||Amount payable||Can I still borrow?|
|$39.50 or less||No||Nothing||Yes|
|$40 or more||Yes||Total overdue fees||No, if fine not paid by due date|
Lost and long overdue item charges
Charges will apply for lost and long overdue items:
- replacement cost of item
- $22 processing fee per item
- fines will also apply to long overdue items.
For long overdue items, invoices will be issued when items reach the following number of days overdue:
|Item type||Number of days overdue|
|Course readings collection items||more than one day late|
|Items requested by another person||more than two weeks late|
|All other items||more than four weeks late|
If the long overdue item is returned before a replacement copy has been ordered, the replacement cost will be removed.
Charges will apply for items which are returned damaged:
- charges may vary depending on damage
- the minimum charge will be $22
- replacement costs may be charged for severely damaged items.
Payment of Library charges
Library charges will appear in your Student Centre in UConnect. Payments can be made:
- online via UConnect
- via BPAY (via invoice link in Student Centre)
- at the Finance cashier.
Failure to pay charges by the due date will result in:
- suspension of Library borrowing privileges
- withholding of your results and academic transcript
- ineligibility to graduate
- implementation of USQ debt collection procedures.
Reciprocal Borrowers, Associate Members and Staff
Payments can be made at the Library (Toowoomba and Springfield campuses only) by credit card or EFTPOS. Payments can also be made online (credit card only).
For further details please refer to the Library Fines and Charges Regulations .