Library services and collections are available online and on campus with COVID Safe protocols to keep you safe.
Our libraries are available for individual study. We also have 24 hour computer labs available at Ipswich and Springfield libraries. Keep safe and sit at the allocated seating to maintain a 1.5m distance while you are in the library. Practice physical distancing and healthy hygiene to keep everyone safe.
Please stay home if you are sick. When you visit:
- Comply with all signage and instructions in our libraries,
- Observe physical distancing,
- Keep a safe distance when queuing at self-checkout machines and information desks,
- Wash your hands regularly.
Ask us online or on campus
Accessing our collections
Our online collections are always available via Library Search.
Physical collections are available during library opening hours. Some collections, such as our Curriculum toys, games and other oversized items are not available for loan due to COVID-19 risks. To access our collections safely you can:
- Place a request via Library Search to "click and collect" items at your preferred campus. You will be advised via email as soon as the item is available for you to collect. Place your request by 4.00 pm for next day collection (if the item is available at your preferred campus). Please use the self-check machines to borrow your items.
- Place a request for home delivery. We will post your items to you with a pre-paid postage bag for free return postage.
- Place a request for a digitised copy of a chapter or section from our physical collection items (books or journal articles). We will scan and send you the section that you need within three business days. Copyright limits apply to scanned copies. We will let you know if we cannot process your request.
Students - request a scanned copy via Library Search.
Staff - use the Interlibrary Loan form to request a scanned copy. Please tell us if your request is from the USQ collection by adding a note in the Comments box.
Accessing your textbook
In Semester 3 2020, course textbooks are available online or via Course Readings in StudyDesk. We do not have physical copies of your textbooks available for loan in Semester 3. Please monitor StudyDesk for updates from your course examiner regarding course text requirements for Semester 3.
- Use the dropdown menu on Library Search to narrow your results to Course Readings to find the title of your text. Search by course code or book titles.
- Check under the Course activity or Resources links in StudyDesk.
- If you require a copy of part of your text, you can request a digitised copy of a section or chapter via Library Search (copyright limits apply).
Online Study Support
Join an online group study support session with a Librarian and Learning Advisor during semester. Each session will explore a study topic for 15 minutes followed by 45 minutes dedicated to your questions on any library or study topic. Please check the Library Events Calendar during the semester for upcoming session details.
As part of your studies, you may have the opportunity to participate in a free study group facilitated by student leaders, or to contribute to a peer led forum on your StudyDesk. Leaders can assist you navigate StudyDesk, revise course content, find resources on the library webpage, and learn about other support services at USQ.
USQ students can request one free specialist consultation per week. Consultations are available online or over the phone with a Librarian, Learning Advisor, Learning Advisor (Maths). Book a consultation for yourself or a small group (up to five people). To keep you COVID safe, we prefer that you book an online or phone consultation. If you require face-to-face support, please note this in your booking request and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
Our Research Support team are available via online and phone to support USQ’s Higher Degree Research students, Academic and Research staff. Book an online consultation with a Senior Research Librarian or the HDR Learning Advisor. If you require face-to-face support, please note this in your booking request and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
The Toowoomba campus Makerspace has moved to R302 during the R Block renovations. It is available for usage for a maximum of five people during Library opening hours. 3D printing, 3D scanning and craft equipment are available. Practise physical distancing and healthy hygiene when you visit the MakerSpace.
All Makerspace workshops will be held online.
All Library events are online, including referencing sessions, online Makerspace meetup, EndNote and more. Check the Library events calendar for session times and upcoming events.