Library services and collections are available online and campus with COVID Safe protocols to keep you safe.
Our libraries are available for individual and group study. 24 hour computer labs are available in Ipswich and Springfield libraries, and in R Block, Toowoomba.
Practice physical distancing and healthy hygiene to keep everyone safe. Please stay home if you are sick. When you visit:
- Comply with all signage and instructions in our libraries,
- Observe physical distancing,
- Keep a safe distance when queuing at self-checkout machines, printers and information desks,
- Wash your hands regularly.
Group study rooms are available for booking at all USQ Libraries.
Ask us online or on campus
Accessing our collections
Our online collections are always available via Library Search.
Physical collections are available during library opening hours. To access our collections safely you can:
- Place a request via Library Search to "click and collect" items at your preferred campus. You will be advised via email as soon as the item is available for you to collect. Place your request by 4.00 pm for next day collection (if the item is available at your preferred campus). Please use the self-check machines to borrow your items.
- Place a request for home delivery. We will post your items to you and students will receive a pre-paid postage bag for free return postage funded via the Student Amenities Fee.
- Place a request for a digitised copy of a chapter or section from our physical collection items (books or journal articles). We will scan and send you the section that you need within three business days. Copyright limits apply to scanned copies. We will let you know if we cannot process your request.
Students - request a scanned copy via Library Search.
Staff - use the Interlibrary Loan form to request a scanned copy. Please tell us if your request is from the USQ collection by adding a note in the Comments box.
Accessing your textbook
Course Readings in StudyDesk provides access and links to resources for your courses. Where possible, the Library buys a digital copy of course textbooks that you can access online. If your textbook is not available in digital form, the Library holds a limited number of copies of print course textbooks available for short-term loan. To check for digital and print versions of your textbooks, go to the Library Search feature on the Library homepage.
- Use the dropdown menu on Library Search to narrow your results to Course Readings. Search by course code to find the text or recommended reading books for your course or search by title.
- Check under the Course activity or Resources links in StudyDesk.
- If you require a copy of part of your text, you can request a digitised copy of a section or chapter via Library Search (copyright limits apply).
Online Study Support
Join an online group study support session with our Library Study Support Teams, including Learning Advisors, Maths Learning Advisors and Librarians. Each session will explore a study topic for 15 minutes followed by 45 minutes dedicated to your questions on any library or study topic. Please check the Library Events Calendar during the semester for upcoming session details.
As part of your studies, you may have the opportunity to participate in a free study group facilitated by student leaders, or to contribute to a peer led forum on your StudyDesk. Leaders can assist you navigate StudyDesk, revise course content, find resources on the library webpage, and learn about other support services at USQ.
USQ students can request one free specialist consultation per week. Consultations are available online or over the phone with a Librarian, Learning Advisor, Learning Advisor (Maths). Book a consultation for yourself or a small group (up to five people). To keep you COVID safe, we prefer that you book an online or phone consultation. If you require face-to-face support, please note this in your booking request and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
Our Research Support team are available via online and phone to support USQ’s Higher Degree Research students, Academic and Research staff. Book an online consultation with a Senior Research Librarian or the HDR Learning Advisor. If you require face-to-face support, please note this in your booking request and we will contact you to discuss your needs.
The Toowoomba campus Makerspace is currently located in R302. 3D printing, 3D scanning and craft equipment are available. Practise physical distancing and healthy hygiene when you visit the Makerspace.