Reference or Citation Management software - EndNote
What is referencing software?
Referencing, bibliographic or citation software
- manages and organises references into personalised groups
- serves as a personal record of your research notes and annotations on PDFs
- searches those notes and annotations as well as the full text of PDFs
- enables collaboration using shared libraries either as read/write or read only.
- has a cloud based version which performs all the functions of the desktop and keeps libraries on different computers in sync (cloud version needs a licenced desktop copy to fully enable all features)
There are many different products, some freely downloadable such as Zotero and Mendeley; and others built in to the word processor, as in MS Office Word. Those that are most reliable are commercial products such as RefWorks, BibTeX and EndNote. To find out more about these go to Other Citation Management Tools.
What is EndNote?
EndNote is the commercial referencing software tool obtained by USQ and freely available to all USQ academic and professional staff and students for collecting, organising, creating and managing bibliographies. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
With EndNote installed on your desktop, laptop or ipad you create a portable online Library that will save hours of typing, retyping and formatting references in the referencing style demanded by teachers, supervisors, or journal editors. EndNote creates in text citations from records in your library and automatically creates the list of references in your assignments, thesis/dissertations, journal articles, conference papers, grant proposals, term papers and more.
EndNote Web is the cloud version of EndNote. Create an EndNote Web account then set up the Sync option to enable regular updates of your Library on any device you may have EndNote installed.
To learn more about EndNote check the official EndNote website.