Planning your assignment is essential. You must ensure that you:
- know when the assignment is due
- understand the assignment question and instructions provided including word count, format and structure of the final product
- focus only on relevant research and reading materials, use reference materials provided and take lecturer's advice on how widely you should search for literature
- don't procrastinate - JUST START! It will not be perfect on the first draft
- leave the draft for a few days then revise it and re-revise if necessary
- follow guidelines in terms of presentation
- make and keep a copy of the assignment
- understand what referencing is required and familiarise yourself with tips for avoiding plagiarism.
Create your own assignment plan using the Planning for your assignments PDF.