The Offline StudyDesk provides course material to incarcerated students with limited or no access to the Internet.
Course examiners preparing a course for students without internet access should keep the following in mind:
- no links to resources outside of the Offline StudyDesk environment (e.g. websites or Library databases)
- all resources must be stored in the eLOR, with the correct copyright permissions in place.
Support is available to assist course examiners prepare their Offline StudyDesk course, including:
- finding alternative, open access resources
- training and guidance in the use of eLOR (e.g. versioning or linking to resources in eLOR)
- providing information and guidance on copyright and open access
- advising how to seek copyright permissions
- advising how to contribute items to eLOR
- course readings management
- basic copyright advice and checking learning objects for copyright compliance.