Ipswich Library facilities
The Ipswich campus Library is located on level 2 of H Block and offers:
- study spaces
- bookable rooms
- equipment for use in the Library
- equipment for loan
- collections of resources
- library use guidelines
For additional information please contact the Library.
The Ipswich Library has a variety of different study spaces to suit your needs. This includes:
- individual/quiet study
- individual study rooms
- group study zones
- group study rooms
Whiteboards are available in some rooms. Portable whiteboards and one workstation on wheels is available for use in open study spaces and group rooms.
There are 2 individual study rooms and 3 group study rooms which can be booked by students.
Bookings can be made via the Ipswich Help Desk.
The Ipswich Library houses a variety of equipment for use by students, staff and members of the public. This includes:
- Library Search and database computers
- Student computers
- Student printers and scanners (B&W and colour)
- Print vending (to add money to print quota)
Specific information for students on locations, hours of access, quotas and printing is available from Current Students Computing.
The Ipswich Library provides a variety of equipment for loan by students and staff. This includes:
- Digital video cameras
- Still digital cameras
- CD player
- Scientific Calculators
- KeePad Interactive TurningPoint kits (Staff only)
- Whiteboard kits
Equipment can be borrowed via the Help Desk.
Library resources are found in the following collections:
- Main Collection – range of resources across all subject areas
- Course Readings Collection – limited loan collection of texts and some recommended references
- UQ medical collection – A specialised collection for the University of Queensland Ipswich medical students and staff
The Library also provides online access to a large collection of ebooks and ejournals which can be accessed via Library Search.
History of the Ipswich campus
The USQ Ipswich campus Library officially opened on 7 January 2015 after the campus was purchased by USQ from the University of Queensland. A history of the campus prior to the acquisition by USQ is available at UQ Ipswich Campus: Progression of an Institution.