Toowoomba Library facilities
The Toowoomba campus Library is located on levels 2 and 3 of R Block and offers:
- study spaces
- equipment for use in the Library
- equipment for loan
- collections of resources
- library use guidelines.
- group study rooms
- computer labs.
- Help Desk
- individual and group study spaces
- the Makerspace.
For additional information please contact the Library.
The Toowoomba Library has a variety of different study spaces to suit your needs. These include:
- individual/ quiet study
- group study zones
- group study rooms.
All study rooms have whiteboards, and portable whiteboards are available in open study spaces.
There are 3 group study rooms/computer labs which can be booked by students.
- R235 (Computers and data projector)
- R324 (Computers and data projector)
Bookings can be made via the Help Desk.
The Toowoomba Library houses a variety of equipment for use by students, staff and members of the public. This includes:
- Library Search and database computers
- student computers
- student printers and scanners (B&W and colour)
- workstations on wheels
- microfilm/fiche reader
- video/DVD/CD players
- data projectors.
Specific information for students on locations, hours of access, quotas and printing is available from Current Students Computing.
The Toowoomba Library provides a variety of equipment for loan by students and staff. This includes:
- digital video cameras
- still digital cameras
- audiotape and CD players
- digital voice recorders
- scientific Calculators
- KeePad Interactive TurningPoint kits (Clickers)
- digital note taker
- FM transmitter (for use by students with hearing aids)
- whiteboard kits.
Equipment can be borrowed via the Help Desk.
Library resources are found in the following collections:
- Main Collection – range of resources across all subject areas
- Course Readings Collection – limited loan collection of texts and some recommended references
- AV Collection – DVDs, CDs and videos across all subject areas
- Curriculum Collection – specialist resources for Education students which contains, children’s books, teacher resources, games, puppets and toys
- Law Collection – laws reports, law journals, and legislation
- Scores Collection – sheet music and music scores.
We also provide online access to a large collection of ebooks and ejournals which can be accessed via Library Search.