Lights. Camera. Glow.
• It was a media frenzy on Monday, as Member for Groom Garth Hamilton MP officially opened the new R Block, with the refurbishment designed to benefit student experience at the Toowoomba Campus. You can catch the story here.
The Awesome Foursome strike again.
• Our 2021 Australian Award recipients for University Teaching were featured in The Chronicle – reigniting some major #usqproud feels.
Get in Hector, we’re going to uni.
• The story of Brad and Hector and their decision to move cross-country to the University of Southern Queensland was de (hi)lux and lit up our social media feeds.
Front and Centre for Australian Defence Magazine.
• Firstly highlighting our astrophysicists work to help push the frontiers of high-speed travel.
• Secondly, our new membership with the Federal Government’s Defence Industry Security Program.
Some would say we are *trailblazers*.
Regional Queensland = Cape Caneveral.
• From repairing jets to testing rockets, the University of Southern Queensland is at the centre of space manufacturing in Australia. Read why we're kind of a big deal.
Rates and petrol and blood pressure, oh my!
• There really wasn't a radio station that didn't feature Finance and Banking Professor Peter Phillips, providing expert opinion on petrol prices and interest rates.
Ipswich Jets in flight.
• Buckling up for another big season, the Ipswich Jets are set to soar to new heights with the University of Southern Queensland in 2022. Read all about the partnership here.
Got your nose... literally.
• History Professor Marcus Harmes entertained in his regular segment on ABC Queensland talking about weird moments in history - discussing rhinotomy (nose amputation) of the emperor Justininan II in AD695.
A force of nature
• And if you turned on 7 News Toowoomba last night, you would have seen Associate Professor Andreas Helwig talking about the new wind farm at Dalby.
• Dr Rachael Wallis was the expert guest on popular Mamamia podcast 'The Quicky.'