With all the news!
- Associate Professor Stephen Bird unpacked some of the mental and physical demands that play on athletes’ minds as they near retirement on NewsTalk4BC. Yes, we’re (sadly) talking about hometown hero Ash Barty’s shock retirement.
Not sure if you heard, but we’re advancing Australian agriculture.
- Associate Dean Tania Leach spoke on River949 about the effect on schools’ staffing and pressures on teaching as COVID-19 numbers grow.
Show us the money.
- Our hidden (media) figures for Budget 2022 were unveiled via Twitter. They were, in fact, ready to talk budget.
Mid-week rocket… into space.
- Nearly $3M has been announced for US(Q) and Hypersonix Launch Systems and other partners to build an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle that can travel at hypersonic speeds. Read more via Australian Manufacturing.
‘Twas a radio day.
- Professor John Cole OAM spoke live on ABC Australia Wide about the Federal Government Budget and what it means for the regions.
- Dr Ursula Kennedy was a guest on ABC Radio Nightlife discussing seasonal wine drops. A top drop interview, we have to say.
Marking International Transgender Day of Visibility.
Taking a risk to end the week.
- A $1.8 million project will see the Queensland Farmers’ Federation collaborate with US(Q) and will offer access to crop insurance so farmers can take better informed risks. More via USQ News.
And another great NewsFeed,
- Even if we do say so ourselves.
All the media goss from the week that was.