We know you’ve been wondering what our University of Southern Queensland experts have been up to… so, enjoy.
Uranus is a very weird planet.
• And here’s why astronomers want to send a probe to it. ABC Online with the stellar information as per usual.
30 under 30 time.
• For our agricultural leaders. Find out who made the cut via The Courier-Mail.
• Pro Vice-Chancellor (First Nations Education and Research) Professor Tony Dreise was featured in an ABC Online about the importance of the indigenous voice in parliament.
Barriers to quality survivorship care.
• Research led by Dr Arlen Rowe in partnership with Cancer Council Queensland has found that rural Australians affected by cancer are missing out on care and information following treatment (and we covered it all via USQ News).
Some national and international media attention going on here.
• And are we surprised that it’s Professor Jonti Horner talking about the meteor shower of all meteor showers? No. Find out how you can catch Eta Aquariids from your own backyard via The Conversation or our social media channels.
Smiles for days.
• ‘Twas all smiles at our campuses as our newest scholarship recipients and their families celebrated their achievements. Check out the full photo gallery if you want a pick-me-up. And if you want another one, we’ve got you covered.
Can you hear that? It’s the beat of our own drum.
• Because we were featured on, you guessed it, The Drum. Well, Associate Professor Stewart Riddle was! Listen to the May 4 episode from 19:10 to catch him.
A look back at the past.
• Associate Professor Martin Kerby and his love for sharing stories of Australia’s military history and embedding them in modern day classrooms was covered in Ipswich Today.
Are ham sandwiches on the out?
• Dr Aletha Ward discussed the latest Cancer Council warning about the processed meat for an article in InQueensland.
But are electric vehicles really only as green as their energy source?
• Find out from Dr Christa Pudmenzky in her regular NewsCorp column.
• Dr Samantha Brown was interviewed about the value of therapy dogs on children in stressful situations for an ABC Online article.
Did someone say Honorary Awards?
• We did. For six education icons who’ve given so much to our University. More via USQ News (and social media too, of course).