eResearch Services Training: HPC 101
Presented by Ricahrd Young and/or Fancis Gacenga
|Date:||23 October 2019|
|Time:||1:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
|Venue:||Toowoomba - S107|
|Contact:||For more information, please contact eResearch Services.|
|Booking:||Please register via HR UConnect by 16 October, 2019.|
|Save to calendar:||Download|
HPC101 is a 3 hour introductory workshop for users new to working with the USQ HPC environment. As this is an introductory workshop it is assumed that attendees have no prior knowledge or experience of High Performance Computing.
The topics to be covered are:
• Introduction to High Performance Computing.
• Introduction to the USQ HPC environment.
• Introduction to the Linux Operating System.
• Introduction to Linux shell environment.
• Introduction to running HPC jobs.
• Introduction to best practice for file management.