Training and support
USQ is committed to providing world-class facilities and support to its students.
As a higher degree research student at USQ you may have access to:
- on-campus computing, including corporate wireless access, email account, storage space and VPN access from work or home
- personal work spaces, and laboratory space and equipment
- full library services including interlibrary loans, access to subject librarians and an EndNote licence
- all student services at USQ, including health and counselling, accommodation assistance, disability resources and careers and employment
- training and workshops which focus on the key elements and stages of candidature
- The Learning Centre, which can assist to develop academic writing and basic mathematics skills
- RedTrain offers all USQ researchers access to opportunities to build skills and capability through a comprehensive program of research training and development
- USQ Pitch Club Challenge.
The USQ Statistical Consulting Unit (SCU) can provide statistical advice from the research design stage through to data collection, analysis and interpretation. The support is aimed primarily at research higher degree students and their supervisors and early career researchers. Limited support will be available to other researchers. The SCU also delivers statistics training workshops throughout the year. For more information, or to request a consultation time, please see the SCU: Statistical Consulting Unit.