Are you passionate about the agricultural industry, regional innovation, drought resilience and sustainability?
The SQNNSW Innovation Hub is seeking 8 members to form the Next Generation Council, an advisory body to guide the Hub on its engagement with young producers, advisors and community members. As a member of the Next Generation Council, you will be involved in ensuring the latest information and innovations reach your industries and communities, identifying future project ideas and concepts, and participation with an engaged peer group, keen to secure the future of regional New South Wales and Queensland.
About the SQNNSW Innovation Hub Next Generation Council
Based on a 2-year term, members of the Next Generation Council will be between 18 - 40 years of age and from the following groups:
- primary producers
- tech founders
- Hub Higher Degree by Research students and TAFE students
- First Nations youth organisations
We are seeking two members from each group: one from Queensland and one from New South Wales.
As a member of the Council, you will have the following responsibilities:
- ensure that the SQNNSW Innovation Hub is making appropriate decisions for the next generation of stakeholders
- identify the key issues for producers in the 18-40-year-old age group and where possible, drive change and deliver positive outcomes for this demographic
- raise awareness within the SQNNSW Innovation Hub of what matters and what are the challenges facing this demographic in Southern Queensland and Northern New South Wales
- disseminate key messages on behalf of SQNNSW Innovation Hub with the 18-40-year-old age group
- act on opportunities and build the SQNNSW Innovation Hub brand and its relevance with the 18-40-year-old age group.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for a position on the Council, please send a cover letter and a short CV (two-page limit) addressing the following criteria:
- a short overview of what drives your passion for the industry
- your career path in agriculture to date/ broader work experience
- what you think you can bring to the role
- other interests, including previous board/committee experience.
Applications close Monday 4 July 2022. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.