- be an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or a New Zealand citizen
- be commencing a new program of study at USQ in Semester 1 2022 #
- be commencing an eligible program of study with a minimum of 1-year duration ^
- have a sound level of academic achievement
- be enrolled in a minimum of 4 study units in Semester 1 2022 and for each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year for the duration of the scholarship
- be enrolled and attend on-campus at USQ Toowoomba *
- reside in Toowoomba or surrounding regional areas for the duration of the scholarship **
Applicates who are enrolled in an eligible program for 2-year, 4-year, or 5-year duration are eligible to apply for the scholarship, however preference will be given to students who are enrolled in a program for 1-year, 1.5-year, or 3-year duration.
# Commencing a new program of study at USQ are those students who:
- commence their studies at USQ for the first time
- commenced study at another provider and transferred into a program at USQ
- commence a higher-level program at USQ after previously completing a program at USQ.
^ By the scholarship closing date, applicants must have applied to study at USQ and have submitted all requested documentation to meet conditions associated with an offer from USQ for an eligible program. Eligible programs are undergraduate and postgraduate (coursework only) programs that are fully delivered on-campus at USQ Toowoomba.
* Under the guidelines, where a course includes required study outside a regional area (e.g., for a clinical placement), residency away from the regional area is permitted for:
- no more than one study period (not exceeding 6 months) per qualification where the qualification is longer than 2 years
- 25% of the qualification length where the qualification is 2 years or shorter.
** To check if a Toowoomba surrounding area is classified as regional according to the scholarship requirements, refer to the Australian Statistical Geographic Standard Remoteness Areas (2016) – Health Workforce Locator map.