Applicants must submit their application and:
^Any successful Destination Australia Scholarship (International Student) recipient, at the PhD/Doctorial level of study will also be granted a USQ International PhD Fees scholarship.
1) * Due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, students are able to apply for this scholarship and study online while the Government travel restrictions are in place. Students will be required to attend the Toowoomba Campus following the lifting of the Government Travel Restrictions.
2) # Under the guidelines, residency away from the regional area is permitted for:
- no more than one study period (not exceeding 6 months) per qualification where the qualification is longer than 2 years, or
- 25% of the qualification length where the qualification is 2 years or shorter, and
- USQ Destination Australia Scholarship holders can now study remotely or online during the 2021 academic year.
3) Students may not be able to apply for a Visa at the time of application due to the Government restrictions which may lead to the need to defer or change the study load in the future. If students are not able to get a visa in the future the scholarship will be forfeited. These students will be assessed on a case by case basis in line with advice from the Destination Australia Community Grants Hub Staff. USQ will remain flexible where possible and provide ongoing advice to the recipients.
Preference will be given to students who are not already in receipt of sponsorship or other financial support.
The government funding received for the scholarship stipulates that for the duration of the scholarship students must maintain ongoing residency in a regional area of Australia as classified by the Australian Statistical Geographic Standard Remoteness Areas (2016) – refer Health Workforce Locator map.