USQ is offering a number of stipend (living allowance) scholarships for domestic students studying, or commencing the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in 2019. Applications in all areas of research are welcome. Find your research topic or find and connect with your supervisor helps you match your areas of interest with world-class research opportunities at USQ.
As part of USQ's Reconciliation Action Plan
a scheme exists to promote entry into the PhD by Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders. Staff from the Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) are available via email
, phone or in person to assist with the application process.
- Stipend of $27, 082 (2018 rate) per annum.
- USQ will supplement this payment to a total per annum amount of $30,000 per annum (tax-free).
- Maximum period of tenure of an award is three years. Periods of study already undertaken towards the degree will be deducted from the period of tenure.
To be eligible applicants must:
- have completed a Bachelor Degree with First Class Honours, or equivalent level;
- have applied, or currently enrolled in the PhD at USQ;
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, or New Zealand citizen;
- not be receiving equivalent support providing a benefit greater than 75% of the student’s stipend rate;
- commence the PhD in 2019.
Applicants will be assessed on:
alignment with the University's research priority areas;
academic merit, previous research outputs and research experience of the applicant;
research track record of the proposed supervisory team;
quality of the research proposal.
To apply, send the below documentation (as one PDF) to email@example.com:
Please note scholarship applications are separate from the Admission application process, the Office of Research Graduate Studies (ORGS) recommend applicants also commence the admission process.
Further information about this scholarship can be obtained from the Office of Research Graduate Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.